Female Beardie Behaviour Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a female bearded dragon about 1.5 years old and 6 days ago she started to develop a weird behaviour that is not her normal self. She’s usually very calm and runs around outside of her tank if I take her out, her colour is also very yellow on top and white on the bottom. Since Friday she has been showing a black beard and also very dark in general. She’s been clawing at the sides of her tank as if she’s trying to escape and get out. She’s also very hyper all day until it’s around 7pm she gets tired. (She’s in a 40 gallon tank, do you suggest anything bigger? I have a terrarium background so she isn’t able to see her reflection) Also she’s been pooping every single day since Friday and it has been very liquid, yesterday she pooped twice. I took her to a reptile vet and they gave her an antibiotic called Baytrill and I have to to give it to her for 10 days. I’m not sure if this will help the weird behaviour change. Please help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Why are they giving an antibiotic? Has she laid eggs before --- is she digging in her tank besides clawing-- what kind of lighting do you have UVB? Brand and bulb? There are different things that can be causing this kind of behavior
Karrie

maurchafshino

Original Poster
KarrieRee":242hdruy said:
Why are they giving an antibiotic? Has she laid eggs before --- is she digging in her tank besides clawing-- what kind of lighting do you have UVB? Brand and bulb? There are different things that can be causing this kind of behavior
Karrie

The antibiotic is for bacteria. She hasn’t laid eggs before, they took an X-ray of her and she has no eggs, she is just clawing; no digging. The lighting I am using is a 100 watt zoo med light and also a uvb light as well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What brand ? What bulb? UVB plays a big role in behavior and food digestion overall health-- what size tank do you have her in-- the clawing means she wants out
Karrie

maurchafshino

Original Poster
KarrieRee":31fhokq3 said:
What brand ? What bulb? UVB plays a big role in behavior and food digestion overall health-- what size tank do you have her in-- the clawing means she wants out
Karrie

She’s in a 40 gallon tank as I mentioned above. She does get out for a couple hours out of the day and runs around my room. Even when I put her back she still claws even tho she’s been out for a while. The brand of UVB is repti sun 10.0 UVB.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is it a tube or coil? And where in tank on top or inside?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How old is the bulb--- ? I keep reading your post and I keep going back to the lighting+ how are you taking basking temps? W/ her black bearding either she is in pain or is distressed
Karrie

maurchafshino

Original Poster
KarrieRee":30i3n5kr said:
How old is the bulb--- ? I keep reading your post and I keep going back to the lighting+ how are you taking basking temps? W/ her black bearding either she is in pain or is distressed
Karrie

I just got the bulb 3 months ago, I change it every 6 months. Her basking temp is around 95 degrees Fahrenheit.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Can you post a pic of the tank and lighting+- something is missing -- you don't have a colored bulb do you?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom