Mouth rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rony

My bearded dragon has two red lines that run parallel across the roof of the mouth. When things are symmetrical or parallel they are usually normal, but is this an exception? The down part of his mouth is pink, a light pink. The roof tho, is a mix of grey and light yellow. So you know on the roof of the mouth, at the tip of it, it has like a small bump? It has small pink and yellow patches. I also saw he slightly opened his mouth while eating and when I handled him, but he was really hot. I’ve heard different bearded dragon species can have their mouth colour of either a yellow or a pink tone, but is this normal? He doesn’t have any signs of mouth rot or RI, and according to a friend which saw this earlier, he has been like this for some months, except for the bump in the tip of his mouth roof, which now is only a bit more yellowish. Any ideas what could this be?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am not sure one of the other more experienced people w/ health issues would need to see it that is why I asked for a pic of it so they can tell you better
Karrie

Rony

Original Poster
KarrieRee":5ii4zisw said:
I am not sure one of the other more experienced people w/ health issues would need to see it that is why I asked for a pic of it so they can tell you better
Karrie

95146-28521973.jpg
95146-1328042718.jpg
These were the best images I could get. You can kind of see part of the redness in the first picture

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It doesn't look like mouth rot. it could just be a natural red color but it may also be a sore or wound. Keep an eye on the area to see if it is expanding. It also couldn't hurt to pick up some maxi guard gel. It's an oral cleanser you can apply to the area with a q-tip to help keep it clean and prevent infection if it does look like a wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom