Can Beardies abosrb follicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellatrix's urate has looked funny the last few days. We went camping in FL for a bit, and one of the ladies there had 5 iguanas with us. When I showed her Bella's poo (specifically the urate), she said it looks her babies urates when they are gravid and absorb eggs(?) (i cant remember what term she used, but I do remember confusing the term to mean the eggs). I made a facebook post about it and posted a picture of the urate. Someone said something about it being "unabsorbed follicles", which didn't make any sense to me because why would her urate look funny if the follicle was not absorbed?
Her urate is a bright orange. I hadn't seen any real signs of her being gravid. She hasn't shown any interest in digging (we were in sand all week). So I'm not sure if the iguana lady was right or if it was something totally different? Im going to attempt to post a picture with this...
full

any suggestions (besides seeing a vet because I won't be able to until after Friday) are appreciated!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is she still acting normally? From what I've read, they can resorb follicles if the conditions aren't right for egg development/laying, but I'm not sure what the symptoms of that look like (if any). If she is acting normally and not showing signs of lethargy or distress I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.

BellatrixIsMyBeardie

Original Poster
She’s been a bit more moody lately (tossing her food around instead of eating it), but her poop is starting to look normal again and otherwise she isn’t showing any particularly strange behaviors

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK thats good. The mood may or may not be related. I'd just keep an eye on her for now and if she continues to act fairly normally and isn't lethargic and the poop is going back to normal I'm not sure there's necessarily anything to worry about for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom