Questions about egg laying and what's normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamlyn94

My bearded dragon laid her first eggs last night, she only laid 2. Is there more to come? Also she's been super hyper these last couple days, like glass surfing and wanting to be over on the bed with us constantly. Today we put dirt in her enclosure about 10 inches deep. She was digging in it but nothing has happened and she won't calm down. Also she's been head bobbing and has had weird looking poops that are super small and the urate part was a runny yellow. She's still very alert and normal colour and everything. I'm just worried about her, I called my vet but she said to just see how things go.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, her actions indicate stress from the urge to lay which is very normal with gravid dragons. If you pile the dirt up in one side of the tank you can make a " cave " using a large shoe box. Cut one end out and put it upside down over the dirt, beardies are more likely to lay if they feel secluded which the shoebox can give the effect.

Can you post pics of her + her set up ?

Tamlyn94

Original Poster
Sorry for the late reply! She is still acting very hyper but no eggs yet, we are starting to worry more. We have put a whole bag of eco earth in her enclosure because we sort of panicked the first night. We also put a cave over top of it. I'm sorry I'm not sure how to post pictures in my comments yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom