Old age or neglected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
I just adopted a bearded dragon off Craigslist this morning. I was told he was around 8 years old and the previous owner had him the entire time. When I went to pick him up he was in pretty rough shape. He is very skinny, has a few crooked limbs and seems to have an unbalanced walk. I was told his tail has been crooked for a while (owner not sure how it happened) and that it doesn't cause him problems. I asked about his diet and it has consisted of spring mix, romaine and lots of fruit. He had a 100 W ZooMed basking light and a UVB in the tank he was living in with sand as substrate.

I am just curious if he looks this way because of old age or if there is some underlying condition. I have the means to care for him, just want to get some opinions or suggestions to give him my best.

Here is a full body picture
full

The tail bump
full

Floppy arms
full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well he's def. been neglected but looks like a tough little guy. Seems alert but def. has some MBD, probably been that way quite a while. Just feed + supplement him well and keep him hydrated. It sounds like he's in a good place with you. :)

Can you post pics of his new set up ? What type of uvb do you have ?

AxiomForever

Original Poster
AHBD":2xzuf0u8 said:
Well he's def. been neglected but looks like a tough little guy. Seems alert but def. has some MBD, probably been that way quite a while. Just feed + supplement him well and keep him hydrated. It sounds like he's in a good place with you. :)

Can you post pics of his new set up ? What type of uvb do you have ?

Thank you so much for your response! He's definitely got a fighting spirit and a very sweet energy about him. I have some supplements on hand to start incorporating into his diet. I have both liquid and powder calcium along with powdered multivitamin. I'll start the process of bathing him frequently so he stays hydrated. I gave him a bath today and he handled it very well. :)
I have adopted a dragon before with a slight case of MBD due to no UVB in his tank so I am somewhat familiar with the treatment of it, there's always more to learn of course. Poor guy, I wonder how long he's been this way..

The UVB I have is a 15W 10.0 T8 light. Below is a picture of the current set up.

full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom