Cracking sounds in jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMeela

My female beardie is about a year and a half. I adopted her a month ago. Didn't think I could love a beardie more than my male beardie, but omg she's the sweetest thing ever!!

She prefers to be hand fed, and I noticed that when she eats, everything is quite crunchy (like she is just a loud eater)... till yesterday when she was hanging out on the back of the couch, above my shoulder, when I heard this loud crackling noise, I looked over and she was yawning!! Umm... Is she ok?? Is this something I need to watch closely, or will she possibly grow out that? I rescued my male at about 2 years of age. So I never have had a young beardie.. She's not too much younger than he was when I got him, but I've also never had a female either.

She's very healthy! She was pregnant (all infertile eggs) when I adopted her. After she laid 34 eggs!!... she's still a chunky monkey! lol Its definitely not affecting her eating! I love her dearly already, can anyone tell me what that cracking noise is when she eats and yawns!?!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guess is that it's just her joint cracking if she opens her jaw widely. As long as she is eating well and otherwise behaves normally I wouldn't worry about it. If it was bothering her then I would imagine it would affect her eating pretty quickly.

MissMeela

Original Poster
Ok, thank you!! I'm going to keep an "ear" out for it, made sure it doesn't get worse.. Just had to ask if maybe that's something other people have noticed! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom