One eye always closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessgignac

I noticed yesterday afternoon my little guy is always having one eye closed. Be it basking or in the corner with no lights. I've had him a month now, and he's still doing it. I did make. Vet appointment which will be next week. I just wanted to see if I can fix anything or do anything in the mean time. He will occasionally open it. But not very often. It isn't red or puffy or any gunk coming out of it.
He's in a 40g long. Basking temp between 100-108. I have a t8 hood reptisun 10.0. No loose substrate. He is fed gut loaded crickets dusted with D3 4x a week. Vitamins 2x. He has greens and water available (does not eat them or use water bowl). His poop is normal. Urates also.
Since noticing his eye yesterday, he has not eaten a thing.
He also has a very small appetite since the day I got him. I've heard babies having crazy appetites, but the most I've seen him eat a day is about 15 crickets although I've tried offering multiple times a day. Will not eat worms. And dubias are illegal.
Help?!? I've kept chameleons easily and healthy. But man he is hard.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you post a pic of his tank and lighting so we can see what your using and how the lighting is placed--- it would help us better and maybe we can figure it out----https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/--down load pics - click on reply -- at top of message box click on XIMG --pics should post - let page refresh and check to see if they posted
Karrie

jessgignac

Original Poster
KarrieRee":29kfi55o said:
Can you post a pic of his tank and lighting so we can see what your using and how the lighting is placed--- it would help us better and maybe we can figure it out----https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/--down load pics - click on reply -- at top of message box click on XIMG --pics should post - let page refresh and check to see if they posted
Karrie

Yes. Will take a picture once I am home from work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom