So Many Eggs!!! Update Akasha and Littlefoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Hello to you all, it has been a little while, but I am back with a little up date after Stinky's passing. My newer lizard Akasha is doing ok...no problems with her as of yet, but man oh man is she one lazy girl. This is my first year with her, so I am still trying to figure her out. However, she seems to be the laziest dragon I have ever had. Nice and big though and eating very well.

Littlefoot on the other hand is proving to keep me super busy. She is 7 now, and has never been a huge egg layer. I think in all of her up to 7 years she has maybe laid at max 30 eggs in total. Well, I am not sure what has happened, but in February she laid over 20, in March 1 month later she laid over 20, in April 3 weeks ago she laid over 20, and yesterday she laid 17!!! Poor thing has lost so much weight, at times I can clearly see her hip bones. I am feeding her worms 2-3 times per day, dusted with extra calcium, offering her salad daily, trying to keep some meat on those little bones of hers. It seems though that all my efforts go into making nice, big, infertile eggs, rather than lizard weight. I seriously have no idea what has changed...I mean...seriously....there isn't even a male around anymore! It is so taxing on her that she always has what looks like "Parkinson" shakes just after laying. Poor gal.....to top it off, the constant digging, flairs up her arthritic foot. So after a egg laying session she has trouble walking for the nest 1-2 weeks. She is keeping me busy.

On the bright side, she is actively laying, rather than being bound or in discomfort, and the foot swelling although severe, does seem to resolve on it's own.

This is going to be one long summer if she keeps up this nonsense :lol:

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Congats on all of those eggs. I heard that pinkys are good for gaining weight and bearded dragons who are laying eggs.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Ahhhh, never a dull moment for you ! These guys + girls can keep the stress -o - meter ticking !! :lol:

BTW, what type of worms is she eating ? Will she eat crickets or dubia ? Can you get some Carnivore or Critical Care ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom