Petco bearded dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
I purchased my beardie at Petco ( I KNOW I KNOW TERRIBLE) :( I didn’t realize it was until 2 weeks in!

Since I bought mine at petco, he’s 9 inches long now, should I treat him for parasites? Or only when necessary?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First you need to take a fecal into your reptile vet --- but I would not do that until you have had him for a while longer --- wait for the relocation stress to go away and for him to get used to his surroundings --- its good to establish repore w/ your vet before he gets sick so having him in for a checkup is good that way they can get to know him before hes ill---- you said you got him at Petco--- what kind of set up did they set you up w/ ? Can you post pics of your tank and lighting please
Karrie

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi karrie! I did all my research and this is his current set up. I’m currently waiting for his hide log to come in the mail so I can put it on the cool right side! I’m using 36 inch t5 ho tube light by zoo med, and he’s in a 55 gallon tank. For his basking spot, I’m using zoo med 150 watt basking bulb!

full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Cudos to you--:)-- thank goodness-- little dude is in good hands then-- most people that get dragons from Petco PetSmart end up w/ alot of improper equipment set up etc....his tank looks good
Karrie

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1m8vj7do said:
Cudos to you--:)-- thank goodness-- little dude is in good hands then-- most people that get dragons from Petco PetSmart end up w/ alot of improper equipment set up etc....his tank looks good
Karrie

Thank you! And one last question, how do I know when he’s fully used to his environment??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
His stress marks will have subsided-- those are the black lines he has on his body-- you will notice a difference in his color
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good job on the set up. :) And just because he's from Petco does not mean he's any more prone to having parasites, even top breeders will have dragons that pick them up. Don't take a baby for a fecal test when they are not showing signs of ill health, wait until he's bigger + can handle any prescribed meds.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":14rrmvpx said:
Good job on the set up. :) And just because he's from Petco does not mean he's any more prone to having parasites, even top breeders will have dragons that pick them up. Don't take a baby for a fecal test when they are not showing signs of ill health, wait until he's bigger + can handle any prescribed meds.

Thank you so Much! I want to make sure the little guy is taken good care of ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom