Laid infertile eggs anything I can do to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Hi my 2 year old has laid 15 eggs today. I feel bad as I should have seen it coming as she was glass surfing alot but I just thought the new uv light and warmer weather had perked her up. Anyway I didn't sort out a lay box or anything and now she's not eating and very lathergic so I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to help after the event the eggs are infertile.
Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She may not be done so a dig box still might be worthwhile. Keep a close eye on her behavior though if she continues to be lethargic you may want to have a vet check her out. Offer her plenty of water as well as calcium rich foods like collard greens and black soldier fly larvae to help replenish her calcium reserves.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks cooper. I don't know where she's been hiding them she didn't seem any rounder than before. Will sort something out for her.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I couldn't get any calci/Phoenix worms but she's just eaten a lot (more than I'd usually let her) of very heavily dusted supers and drank loads of water which she rarely touches (i usually end up getting her to lick it off my finger) so I guess that's good. She does scare me to death though when she decides to drink in the bath or like today she starts stretching and black bearding as if it's making her wretch but settled down again now thankfully. How will I know when she's done laying eggs?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a good sign that she's eating and drinking. I'm not sure how to tell when she's done. From what I've read she may stop digging behavior and her appetite may start to pick back up.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So she stopped trying to dig or glass surf after laying the one clutch so I assume she's done laying now. I'm a little concerned though she seems to be on her basking spot virtually all the time now even when I take her out she wonders nearly straight back to the viv to bask again. She's also not pooped since laying is that normal? She's having water daily and I'm dusting a lot with some calci worms due to arrive Tuesday.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If her feedings have increased like you stated she may just be needing to bask longer to help digest. What are her temps at her basking surface?

Constantly basking isnt a behaviour I'd be worried about as long as temperatures are proper.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom