Feeding a sick beardy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo924

Hello, I need some help on getting my sick Jimbo to eat. I took him to the vet last week and he has the start of mdb. They did a fecel and it came back negative for parasites. Hes very week and dehydrated. I need some suggestions on what to feed him and how. He isn't eating anything. I'm giving him liquid calcium from the vet. Thanks

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
If you're able to order online, you could try Oxbow Carnivore Care, or there's ReptiBoost (similar). You can also make a slurry at home - search on this forum for recipes/info on those. (You need a feeding syringe for any of those). Also verify your temps and lighting are correct. Both are vital to the beardie's health, along with the calcium and proper nutrition. For hydration, you can do several things. Drip some water on the beardie's snout and see if he'll drink a bit, lightly mist him with a spray bottle, set him in a shallow, warm bath. *don't leave him unattended in the bath.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JumpinJellyfish":31fulx5y said:
If you're able to order online, you could try Oxbow Carnivore Care, or there's ReptiBoost (similar). You can also make a slurry at home - search on this forum for recipes/info on those. (You need a feeding syringe for any of those). Also verify your temps and lighting are correct. Both are vital to the beardie's health, along with the calcium and proper nutrition. For hydration, you can do several things. Drip some water on the beardie's snout and see if he'll drink a bit, lightly mist him with a spray bottle, set him in a shallow, warm bath. *don't leave him unattended in the bath.
In addition to above.
Consider buying some VetaFarm HerpaBoost liquid high potency food substitute for reptiles , see this for information on it's use ( better off several small feeds per day than trying to give one big feed based on the volume per 100g of reptile body weight) : https://vetafarm.com.au/product/herpaboost/ ,
i've used this with sick rescued skinks and sick dragons and it's very good.

Feeding syringe and feeding needles and nozzles info and method for crop feeding here : viewtopic.php?f=45&t=232687

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Jimbo are you in the U.S or Australia ? Because the Veta farm Herpa boost product would need to be shipped internationally. The products mentioned by jellyfish [ Repta boost + Oxbow Critical Care ] can be bought locally . BTW, I looked at the Herpa boost ingredients, it's basically some type of oil [ muttonbird oil ? , what is that ? ] with unnamed vitamins + amino acids.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AHBD":142cpapy said:
Jimbo are you in the U.S or Australia ? Because the Veta farm Herpa boost product would need to be shipped internationally. The products mentioned by jellyfish [ Repta boost + Oxbow Critical Care ] can be bought locally . BTW, I looked at the Herpa boost ingredients, it's basically some type of oil [ muttonbird oil ? , what is that ? ] with unnamed vitamins + amino acids.

http://www.muttonbird.net.au/Oil.html , is a very good supplement in many ways.
I've had cause to use HerpaBoost to help a few sick skinks and it's great, it actually works.

I've eaten mutton bird - is quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom