When to do a fecal exam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Hi there! When should a bearded dragon get a fecal exam? And should they get fecal exams every few months?

My baby beardie is 6 inches long :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
A fecal exam can be done 2 times per year- I guess it depends on how often you want to take your bearded dragon in- I get mine in 2 times per year-- usually in the fall before brumation and in the spring- I also had blood work done this last time just so we have something to go by the next time its done- but then again its up to you- its always good to get a repore going w/ your vet about your dragon and they can get to better know him before he gets sick
Karrie

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1y1odlfj said:
A fecal exam can be done 2 times per year- I guess it depends on how often you want to take your bearded dragon in- I get mine in 2 times per year-- usually in the fall before brumation and in the spring- I also had blood work done this last time just so we have something to go by the next time its done- but then again its up to you- its always good to get a repore going w/ your vet about your dragon and they can get to better know him before he gets sick
Karrie

Thank u karrie! Since fall isn’t for another few months, should I just wait on then?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How long have you had him? Is he still showing signs of relocation stress? If hes not quite settled in I would wait - we are still in spring and you can always get him in to a reptile vet for a check up like in May sometime or even June-- the warmer the better outside - I live in MN so its cold here still or chilly I should say --- I try an do it every 6 months but it depends on the weather here too -
Karrie

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1qzg6jh4 said:
How long have you had him? Is he still showing signs of relocation stress? If hes not quite settled in I would wait - we are still in spring and you can always get him in to a reptile vet for a check up like in May sometime or even June-- the warmer the better outside - I live in MN so its cold here still or chilly I should say --- I try an do it every 6 months but it depends on the weather here too -
Karrie

I’ve had him for a month now! He’s not showing anymore location stress. He’s eating, sleeping, basking well, staying active, and pooping well!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I would hold off until he's much larger unless he starts showing signs of losing weight, going off food, etc.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":d7q1v6o6 said:
Hi there, I would hold off until he's much larger unless he starts showing signs of losing weight, going off food, etc.

Awesome. Will do! Thank u!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom