Change in poop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
My 3 month old has always had well-formed "normal" poop until about 2 wks ago. He had a few days of diarrhea, which I blamed on the sweet potato (baked) he likes. I stopped feeding this & continued with greens, which he doesn't eat much of, and of course lots of crickets. Now his poop looks like a hunk of dirt! It still has the white part but I'm worried because his diet hasn't changed at all besides the sweet potato thing. He also eats a few canned peas along with a couple bites of turnip, mustard, collard greens & 30-50 crickets daily. His appetite is good even when he's shedding, and his energy level seems the same, though he has been clawing to get out to be cuddled more than usual. What is going on with this poop?!? He goes every other day or so.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possibly the crickets. They can make poop messy or smelly. Since it has been going on for a couple of weeks though, you might want to bring a fresh sample in to the vet to check out. It could be caused by parasites. Be sure to clean and sanitize everything that comes in contact with poop just in case it is parasites. These are usually treatable without much issue.

Bobolynx1226

Original Poster
Hi All,
So I followed your advice and took Gryphon to the herp. vet. He has a bit of coccidia. Vet gave me Ponazuril 0.5ml for 4 days. This is day three of treatment and Gryph's stool is looking a little better and smelling ALOT better, but he is not eating & is lethargic. Just lays under his log and looks forlorn. Sometimes he suddenly starts frantically glass surfing right before & immediately after he poops. Does this medication have these side effects or should I be worried that something else is wrong? This is a dragon that usually eats 50 sometimes 70 crickets daily. Yes, 70 3/4 in. crickets! I am concerned.
Also, it is a BATTLE to get that syringe into his mouth. I watched YouTube videos on how to do this. Umm.... those beardies are robots or something because my baby fights me and clamps his lips shut. It's like a vise! I guess I'm getting some of the meds in him though there is some on my fingers and on the side of his face. Is there an easier way to do this? Any advice would be welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom