Cracking sounds in jaw

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Cracking sounds in jaw

Postby MissMeela » Mon May 13, 2019 5:10 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

My female beardie is about a year and a half. I adopted her a month ago. Didn't think I could love a beardie more than my male beardie, but omg she's the sweetest thing ever!!

She prefers to be hand fed, and I noticed that when she eats, everything is quite crunchy (like she is just a loud eater)... till yesterday when she was hanging out on the back of the couch, above my shoulder, when I heard this loud crackling noise, I looked over and she was yawning!! Umm... Is she ok?? Is this something I need to watch closely, or will she possibly grow out that? I rescued my male at about 2 years of age. So I never have had a young beardie.. She's not too much younger than he was when I got him, but I've also never had a female either.

She's very healthy! She was pregnant (all infertile eggs) when I adopted her. After she laid 34 eggs!!... she's still a chunky monkey! lol Its definitely not affecting her eating! I love her dearly already, can anyone tell me what that cracking noise is when she eats and yawns!?!
MissMeela
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Cracking sounds in jaw

Postby CooperDragon » Tue May 14, 2019 9:40 am

My guess is that it's just her joint cracking if she opens her jaw widely. As long as she is eating well and otherwise behaves normally I wouldn't worry about it. If it was bothering her then I would imagine it would affect her eating pretty quickly.
CooperDragon

Re: Cracking sounds in jaw

Postby MissMeela » Tue May 14, 2019 2:53 pm

Ok, thank you!! I'm going to keep an "ear" out for it, made sure it doesn't get worse.. Just had to ask if maybe that's something other people have noticed! 😊
MissMeela
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health