Dragon Size/Weight Variations

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Dragon Size/Weight Variations

Postby cger » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:40 pm

I know this topic has been covered a lot. My Dragon, Paiso is on a much smaller side. He is going to be 5 months old in 3 days and I have had him for exactly 90 days. When I got him, he was 2 months old and did weigh 9 grams. He is 11.5 inches long now but weighs only 74 grams. He looks and acts like a normal healthy Dragon, has a great simple setup, lightning, heat, UVB all setup the way should be. He eats pretty well every day, Dubias, Superworms, greens with veggies. I weigh him obsessively, pretty much every other day and have been keeping a log of his growth and food intake since the beginning.
According to my notes exactly 30 days ago when he was 4 months old, he was only 35 grams, today he is 74 grams, so it seems like he is gaining weight pretty well. He just happens to be a small dude.
I wonder if his small size is related to a specific morph? He is a Super Citrus Leatherback Hypo and he should be completely yellow when he is fully grown as his parents are.
Does someone have any specific information about that. I was not able to find anything. I just want to make sure he is doing well.
cger
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Dragon Size/Weight Variations

Postby cger » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:44 pm

Here are few photos, he is quite bigger now since they were taken about 2 weeks ago.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
cger
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:52 am

Hi there, some dragons get off to a slow start like this but he is by no means stunted. He looks healthy, alert and over all in great condition. No need to worry, keep up the good work. :) The faster growing beardies are not always the healthiest or the longest lived.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby cger » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:57 am

AHBD, thank you for you response. I'll just keep what I'm doing and not worry.
He is looking pretty good and is always very alert and busy when I let him out to play.
78 grams this morning.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
cger
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby AHBD » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:11 am

He's a beautiful leatherback, looks very good !
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby claudiusx » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:17 pm

Agreed, he looks very healthy.
And boy is he a beauty! You need to make him a thread so we can all follow along with his life and see all his pictures! :mrgreen:

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby Drache613 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Health
Drache613

Postby Drache613 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 pm

Hello,

I agree, he is definitely NOT stunted. He looks marvelous, very colorful & healthy. :D
He is such a cutie. Letting him out to run & play is great for him so he can grow his
strength & interact with you & the family.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health