Notch at the end of tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apolla

Hi! Boga had a longer shed than usual and I wasn't too worried until today. The tip of her tail has a notch in it. At first I thought it was loose shed, so I ran my thumb over it to see if it would flake off but it was a definite dip. There's no blood, no fluid discharge, and she doesn't seem bothered by it during normal activities. When I touch it, she sometimes whips her tail away, but otherwise she pays it no mind. She's eating normally, is alert and active, her temps are right, the humidity could be bumped up a bit but that's more my personal preference

I took some pictures of it (she's darker than normal because I had her in the window so she'd stay still.) I hope this is clear enough. If she were bleeding or in pain, I'd call the vet but she seems fine unless I touch it.
100177-5655090953.jpg

Any ideas what I should do?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like it was nipped or caught in something. If it's not an open wound then there isn't a lot to do for it. Keep an eye on the area though and if you see the damage start to spread up the tail then it may indicate infection and a vet visit is warranted. If it doesn't change then it's probably no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom