Brumating ?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: Brumating ?

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:30 am

vrenee1018 wrote:That's great that you're getting two little hatchlings. Picked out a name for em yet? :blob8: :blob5:

Breeder has set aside two holdbacks (a boy and a girl for me) , tells me that were born about Xmas 2018 , so 3 months old.
A little older than I usually like to get (between 4 and 8 weeks old usually).
They will be collected by my brother in law on Friday pm.

Spent the afternoon re-doing a 120L rearing tank (tub) for them, I usually separate my dragons but will see how they feed and behave, if they are fine I'll keep them together for a month or two , if one is dominating the other (I know the signs to look out for) I'll split them up and set up set a separate 120L rearing tub.
Any dominance issues and I'll have the second 120L rearing tub set up identically for the dominant hatchling to occupy in a matter of a hour or two.

Not settled on their names yet - will decide once I get a handle on their individual personalities and see how they behave.

Fluffy the water skink was fascinated by the strange things I was doing , stranding up in the corner of her 120L tub to get a better look. I think she knows something is on ,as she's been much more interested in everything that I've been doing the last few days.

Bugs (1/4 size crickets & BSFL) should be here tomorrow.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : , Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Gutzy (F) rescued 27Sep19 - RIP 3Aug20 (est 12 yo), Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Health