Just laid eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlinp99

hi everyone.
I just checked on my beardie and saw that she had laid 21 eggs. They are infertile and I thought she was just hormonal due to it being mating season, so I was pretty surprised to see all those eggs.

Should I expect to see any more of them? And what should I do in regards to caring for her now? She went off her food for about a week, so hopefully she’ll feel like eating tomorrow.

Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Caitlyn, most dragons will lay more than 1 clutch in a season, generally 3-5 but some lay more than that. The clutches generally come about 3 weeks apart. Hopefully she'll start eating tomorrow, they are usually quite hungry after so feed her twice a day and use plenty of calcium powder on her food since egg laying uses a LOT of calcium + nutrients from the body. Be sure to give her a 10 minute warm soak so she has a chance to have a good drink. She should be fine . : ) Post pics of her if you can.

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
AHBD":1t5fwo5q said:
Hi Caitlyn, most dragons will lay more than 1 clutch in a season, generally 3-5 but some lay more than that. The clutches generally come about 3 weeks apart. Hopefully she'll start eating tomorrow, they are usually quite hungry after so feed her twice a day and use plenty of calcium powder on her food since egg laying uses a LOT of calcium + nutrients from the body. Be sure to give her a 10 minute warm soak so she has a chance to have a good drink. She should be fine . : ) Post pics of her if you can.

Hi, thanks for your reply! :)
Here are some photos of her after her bath, she had a good drink too and I’m going to try her with some food now.
95530-8914313865.jpg
95530-546356938.jpg
I didn’t have a lay box in for her so if she starts to show the same signs again in the next few weeks, should I put one in for her?

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
Thank you!
I’m struggling to get her to eat, she ate about 7 crickets this morning and her eyes don’t appear to be fully open

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is she acting very lethargic ? They can be tired after egg laying but not to where they won't open their eyes. Is she still looking sleepy ?

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
AHBD":kc3aksy3 said:
Is she acting very lethargic ? They can be tired after egg laying but not to where they won't open their eyes. Is she still looking sleepy ?

Not lethargic, she’s still moving around and is alert. She just looked more sleepy than anything. I’ll try her again with food today. She was also chasing the crickets she ate yesterday.

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
Still no interest in crickets or locusts yet. I’m starting to get very worried about her because of her lack of appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom