Cut or Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigi613

Today i went to put Naga back into her tank after some time of chilling with me and i closed the door of her tank without realizing her tail was sticking out a bit. it didnt close all the way, but just enough for a little skin to be grazed. Now here's my predicament; my lovely girl is due to shed her tail any day now and as you can see in the picture I included her "wound" from the door seems to be just some of that shed uprooted bc of what happened. My mind went automatically to "oh no its a cut it's going to get infected" and im confirming on here what you guys think. TO be cautious i soaked her tail in a betadine bath incase of an actual cut. Please let me know what you guys think; is this uprooted shed, or a cut that i need to treat?
101109-7143756770.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like some scales that were about to shed got grazed. Just keep the area clean as you've been doing and it should be OK.

gigi613

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2a6rmgaf said:
It looks like some scales that were about to shed got grazed. Just keep the area clean as you've been doing and it should be OK.

Thank you very much for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom