bearded dragon, issues?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

bearded dragon, issues?

Postby Sliallind » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:32 am

i dont know if this is normal. I have an 8 year old bearded dragon and i have only had him for a few months. he is great, good personality and what not. but today i was helping him get some shedded skin of his tail he didn't like it much so i stopped assuming it wasn't ready, then he stuck his tongue out to feel around the area and drool came out, like a large puddle of saliva. he was going down a pillow when he did it so, he was on an angle... but i have not ever seen him do this before. I don't know if it was just because he was walking on a downward slope or if he regurgitated or something, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sliallind
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: bearded dragon, issues?

Postby Gormagon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:09 am

First of all please, never (I mean NEVER) help with a shed by tugging on it. This can cause major scale damage. The drool my have been because he was mad.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Re: bearded dragon, issues?

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:22 am

If you want to help him w/ the itchy you can put him in a warm bath take a soft tooth brush and brush the loose skin
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health