First time owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellz24

So I purchased a bd about two weeks ago she is about 2 1/2 months old.. I’ve got her in a 40gal tank.. feeding her calcium dusted crickets every so often mini meal worms.. I’ve got two temp gauges hot basking side runs 98- 102 cool side is about 80.. 40 gal under tank heater, hides, iv got a heat rock to help with digestion .. veggies I’m feeding kale parsley and watermelon.. I just want to make sure I’m doing everything right.. I’m in love with her and want the best for her any suggestions???

Kellz24

Original Poster
I don’t know how to post a picture of her tank setup or I’d show y’all how I’ve got her set up

Kellz24

Original Poster
Also I’ve seen a lot of post about stress marks?? My baby has full spotted pattern on belly side head to tail please someone help, She acts just fine

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum - please post pics of your tank and your little one-- go to top of page and click on User Image Uploader- down load pics- click on reply at top of message box and click on XIMG pics should post-- we do not recommend a under mat heater as it could burn your baby- they dont heat thru their tummys - and can easily get burned -- second the heat rock is not going to help w/ digestion- you need a basking bulb for digestion along w/ a Reptisun 10 T5, or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube, both of which are very good. You will need a T5 light fixture also. This should be placed in side the tank depending on the mesh screen you have -- this lighting is crucial for digestion and for health reasons like preventing MBD-- we can help more after we see pics of your set up -- where did you get your baby? And what is his/ her name?
Karrie

Kellz24

Original Poster
I got her from my local petco I named her Marley, I do have a pro med dual dome light that came with the reptihabitat.. she’s eating drinking, pooing, very active little baby

Kellz24

Original Poster
The pattern on her belly was present the day I bought her so I thought just a design I hope I wasn’t wrong choosing my little one

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
It sounds like you're doing a lot of the right things. I would hold off feeding mealworms until he's an adult, and then only as an occasional treat. They're apparently hard to digest. Same with superworms. Also, you might want to bump up the basking temp to between 105 and 110. I think the babies like it a bit hotter. Other than that, the marks on the belly could be nothing, or perhaps just a sign of relocation stress. Black bearding is the thing to watch out for because it means they're distressed.

Kellz24

Original Poster
Awesome thank You so much,,, also I’ve notice a little red in her poo but she seems to love watermelon.. it’s actually the same color as the melon. Just wondering if anyone else feeds their beardie watermelon or is it bad.. and has anyone’s beardie had red in their poo after eating watermelon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The red poo is probably the watermelon I am guessing- sometimes if they eat too much sweet potato it comes out orange---I am not sure about feeding watermelon as a staple fruit- please see the nutrition chart on the Feeding board- there is a link to it-- as far as your lighting is that a coil UVB? If it is we recommend a Reptisun 10 T5, or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 TUBE, both of which are very good. You will need a T5 light fixture also. This is crucial to their health and digestion-- depending on your screen it will either need to go inside the tank or on top -- mesh screens tend to block a lot of the UVB that they need! As I said in my first post-- can you please tell us if the screen is fine screen or more open--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would suggest getting a new UVB and putting it inside the tank the T 5 bulb is a stronger bulb and the mesh screen blocks out a lot of the UVB rays thats why it is suggested to go inside -- the coil is no good for UVB-- you want the UVB 6-12 inches from him -
Karrie

Kellz24

Original Poster
If someone would be so kind as to take pictures of their baby’s habitat a few photos maybe, a little walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom