Help! My dragon is weird and I might have to get rid of her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tgu

Ok so I made this post on "behavior" but I really need it to be answered!!

For about 3 weeks now my (I assume) female dragon teto will do this thing where she poops and about 10 minutes later she will run in it and wipe it all over the back tank glass. It's hard to clean up and smells horrible. I've owned her since she was about 4 weeks old and she is a little over 2 years old now. I've read on different places how other dragons will do this and they counter acted it by giving them baths before they leave and have them poop then. However I cannot do that because I need to leave at 630Am for school.(and dont get back till usually 220ish) I cant take it anymore! I always come home to my room smelling horrible and as much as I love this adorable and cuddly dragon I think I might need to give her to someone else who can manage this.

I would like your opinons on this. Anyone know how to stop it so I wont have to give her a new home?

Before anyone suggests anything about her trying to get away from the poop and walking into on accident... I've seen her, on the weekends, walk away from the poop PFERECTLY CLEAN. Then about 10 minutes later (I was busy working on homework) I watched her WALK BACK INTO THE POOP!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a problem, very messy and I know how much work it is to clean not only the dirty tank but more so the dragon ! You might try keeping her on shredded newspaper. It can be bought at pet stores or just collect it yourself to be shredded . That will absorb the mess and can be spot cleaned to a degree.

Tgu

Original Poster
AHBD":3ng3ut07 said:
That's a problem, very messy and I know how much work it is to clean not only the dirty tank but more so the dragon ! You might try keeping her on shredded newspaper. It can be bought at pet stores or just collect it yourself to be shredded . That will absorb the mess and can be spot cleaned to a degree.

What are the chances of her eating it? Do you use it personally? Not trying to be negative ❤ I just want as much information as I can get. I really want to keep her i just cant keep it up at this rate

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I've kept dragons on newspaper, sometimes they dig it up + shred it [ I didn't use shredded paper but they like to dig ] None ever had any trouble. Once I used a grocery add though and silly guy ate a piece of the green from the lettuce advertisement, lol. But again, nothing happened + it passed through.

Tgu

Original Poster
AHBD":28v4wvjw said:
I've kept dragons on newspaper, sometimes they dig it up + shred it [ I didn't use shredded paper but they like to dig ] None ever had any trouble. Once I used a grocery add though and silly guy ate a piece of the green from the lettuce advertisement, lol. But again, nothing happened + it passed through.

Thank you for the help. Later today (once I get the chance) I will go out and get some from the reptile store. I will try this for a week and pray to all of the higher beings that it fixes my problem???

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
You could change feeding times to make it to where you are there when your Teto does her business. That way you can clean it up right away. It has been said that some dragons will play in it but yours is the first I have actually seen posted.
If at all possible, I never let Charlie's "little gifts" stay in the viv more than 30 seconds if I see him do it. It cuts down the opportunity for messes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom