Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rony

In dec. 2018 my beardie has been lazier & lethargic. In december the temperatures dropped down about 1-3 degrees Celsius. In January they dropped down more, about 3-6 degrees Celsius, 2x more than the last month, but the temperatures inside the room had been quite the same as normal. Since then, I usually find his sleeping under the basking light, and today he had a black beard while sleeping for some minutes. Then it all went normal. When I wake him up or make any weird movements around him he wakes up and goes back to the normal itself, active for some moments and with a great appetite. Then he just lays back under the basking light and sleeps again. Is it possible that although the temperature in the room hasn’t changed he can feel the cooler temperatures outside and as a result is behaving lazier? He has a exoTerra 125w Solar Glo and a 10.0 zooMed reptisun. This has never happened to me before, specially with that 1 time with his black beard... I’m starting to get very concerned, specially being such a paranoid beardie owner.

Rony

Original Poster
AHBD":12l447os said:
Can you post pics of him + his set up ? What is his diet like and does he stay hydrated ?
It may look like he has mbd because of his previous owner, but his calcium levels are good now. He has a diet which includes mostly dandelions, squash of any type, arugula, dubia roaches & crickets. He stays perfectly hydrated.
95146-30984739.jpg
95146-558313774.jpg
95146-6963206362.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
A lot of problems I can see from just looking at the tank.

1) get rid of the soil, gravel and sand ==> very serious impaction risks.
2) enclose the top of the tank with a solid (timber , plywood, Masonite or MDF lid) to keep the warmth in the tank.
3) is that a wire cage ? you have ZERO prospect of holding temperature in the cage Is it's COMPLETELY OPEN on sides and the top , if the room it's gets chilly overnight , so will the dragon.
I highly recommend upgrading the dragon to a front opening timber (box style) enclosure ASAP …. if you are handy with tools and timber a timber tank can easily be put together in a day.'
4) check the tank temperatures (using a digital thermometer (with a probe)) , what the daytime zone temperatures and basking spot temperatures ? overnight in tank temperatures ?
5) invest in a ceramic heat emitter for overnight , keep the tank warmer than 21 degC overnight
-- even more so if you get the sides and top closed / insulated.
6) the UV source
> You say 10.0 zooMed reptisun - is this a 13W or a 26W ?
> I see no T8 or T5HO tube or long reflector hood.
> You say exoTerra 125w Solar Glo , how far from the basking spot it ?

How long are lights on each day ?

Feeding schedule ?
Diet ?

How much does the dragon weigh ? it's age ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom