is my bearded dragon going into brumation or is she sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

krosepear

I got my bearded dragon when she had just turned one year old and was struggling with eating. I took her to the vet when we found out she had parasites and got medication. We also found out that she was anorexic so we had to start feeding her baby food. Shortly after that she was eating a decent amount of dubia roaches and superworms, however little to no greens. Starting around a month ago she started to eat much much less and started to sleep often and was being lazy. However the past few days she started to be very active trying to crawl up the walls of her tank and running around my room then she would go under a dresser and lay down. Yesterday i decided that she was probably going into brumation so i put her bed in the tank, turned off the lights and covered up her tank. I checked on her a little bit ago and she was laying in the same spot but her eyes were open. So i am confused whether or not she was actually going into brumation or if she is just sick.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's best to keep her lights on usual schedule right now, if she needs to go to sleep she'll curl up in a corner + do it anyway. Lights on will help you to assess what's really going on. If her eyes are open she's not brumating.

Please post a few pics of her [ full body shots from above ] and of her entire set up including lights. Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

If she has gained weight + is past her health problems she's probably fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom