My 11 month old Beardie seems more tired, lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal93

Just like to start off by saying thank you for such an incredible website. If it wasn’t for this, only god knows how I’d of survived.

My 11 month of beardie (Abe) has started acting really tired, he hasn’t moved around much since I bought him when he was 3month. But recently Iv began to worry, some days he doesn’t move hardly, he eats and poops regularly though. Also he hasn’t shed in about 2-3 months, he shed pretty much once a week when I got him and was growing very fast.

His setup has an Arcadia 10%+ stretching his whole viv at the front. Then he has a smaller 2% exo terra fluorescent tube above his basking spot at the back. basking light is an intense exo terra 100w. The hot end stays around 95-110. Cold end stays at 80-75.

He’s spoilt really and gets a lot of attention with care, I very rarely see him looking dark or stress marks down his body etc. He’s never once bitten me and he’s never done the black beard yet. I bath him once a day either in the sink or bath to help him poop.

The main issue I think is he isn’t eating enough greens. I give him nutrobal everyday with his hoppers, his hoppers I usually put in his viv so they can have a mini holiday whilst gut loading themselves on greens and water.

I’m not sure if Iv got a really lazy healthy beardie or if there is something wrong with him. I would post a pictures of his setup and him etc but I can’t figure out how to. ??‍♂️

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
Sounds like all the signs of brumation to me. My dragon is only 8 months old and she's brumating right now. A lot of sources like to say that beardies under the age of a year old don't brumate, but that isn't true at all, especially if they're on the older end of that scale. I've read about beardies as young as 6 months go in to brumation. As long as your beardie is at a good weight, you have nothing to worry about. Though if you want to be 100% sure, it's best to take your dragon to a vet and get a fecal done just to rule out parasites.

The way my girl went into brumation is similar to yours. She stopped eating her veggies around mid November. Then slowly she started eating less bugs. She still basked, but eventually she started going under her log and started to scratch. This is their instinct to burrow underground. She's been brumating for three weeks now and she hasn't lost much weight, which is a definite sign that it's brumation and not illness.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

To post pictures, simply click on the XIMG button here in the message box to upload your
pics to the Image Gallery. Then, copy/paste them onto here for the forum. It is pretty easy
to do.
We would be happy to go over your tank setup with you also, to be sure everything is good
with your lighting, etc. Though I do see you are using the Arcadia lighting. It is still nice to
see your setup anyway. :D Pictures of him would be great also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom