Digestion problems, don't know what to do at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

savannahlou

Original Poster
AHBD":33v2gype said:
Aw, poor little one, that does look like vomit. I think you should try Phoenix worms now to see if there might be any change. Poor little sweetie is a real trooper though. I think it's possible that he does have some G.I abnormality such as a narrowing of the tract somewhere.

At least he doesn't act sickly, that's a plus. BTW, I know the roaches are small but could you post a pic of them next to a coin. I don't doubt that they're as you described but I'd just like to double check. But it seems like Phoenix worms are the next thing to try. Maybe even baby crickets and or just the tiniest fresh shed roaches.

If he DOES have a G.I malformation it might correct itself a bit as he grows or he may have to live his life with specialized care.

Excuse the somewhat dirty bowl. It's one of the disposable ones and I use it to pick out the smaller ones, of the smaller ones before feeding him.
102849-1292522485.jpg

The vet had mentioned at the second visit that it might be something he grows out of. He's just been growing so slowly. I measured him, he is about roughly a little over 9 1/2 inches from nose to tip of tail. He weighs 38 grams. At his last visit he weighed 25 grams. He's growing but slowly. He doesn't act any different after the throw up. He has done it once before. After the throw up he actually had a very tiny bowel movement.

savannahlou

Original Poster
jjkima":2rzvatjl said:
This is a tricky one, how much calcium are you giving him? A multivitamin?
Try changing up his salads and adding diversity. Mine eat mustard or turnip greens, sometimes collards, butternut squash and green bell peppers.

He gets Repashy Calcium Plus once a day. He eats collard greens pretty well. Of course he won't eat them unless I hand them to him. He's had mustard greens, another one of his favorites. He gets butternut squash baby food to help loosen things up and help hydrate, even though he does drink a lot of water. He has a big appetite.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The roach is nice + small but evidently still hard for him to digest. Use less of them, I do think maybe Phoenix worms should be tried. Collards are tougher than other greens so go with kale , turnip or mustard but very small pieces.

savannahlou

Original Poster
AHBD":2a4bhj0r said:
The roach is nice + small but evidently still hard for him to digest. Use less of them, I do think maybe Phoenix worms should be tried. Collards are tougher than other greens so go with kale , turnip or mustard but very small pieces.

I'll start him on some Mustard greens since I know he loves them. I've heard Kale binds to calcium. I'm definitely trying some BSFL. last I checked they were sold out though. I have to see if the reptile store near me has any in. I just hope he likes them. My 1.5 yr old girl, Dixie, didn't like them at his age.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That was misinformation about kale, it's one of the good greens. Hopefully he'll like the bsfl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom