Weird poop (With image)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm sitting there on my chair playing games with the tank behind me. I turn around and my beardie has released this thing from his bowels.
101482-1737235822.jpg
Can anyone explain why it's so... Odd? Why there's yellow, and why it's such a light brown? Don't know his exact age but he's still small. I think he's around 7 or 8 weeks.

WreckWrack

Original Poster
Kaelwizard":ipggtvv3 said:
That looks pretty normal to me besides the shape. I'm no expert though.
What's worrying me is the colour. Normally his poop is a darker brown, and missing the yellow bit.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
This is a totally normal poop. Super healthy, and very hydrated. Do not worry. Poops can be different all the time. Lots of poop, a little poop, darker, lighter poop, urate only, poop only, yellow in the urate, pink in the urate (usually females), lots of water around the poop, a little water around the poop, clear water, reddish brown water. All of it is normal. It really depends on what the dragon is eating at the time, how many poops they are doing, how hydrated they are, and for females whether they are in egg production can change the color of the urates.

Worry no more, this is a healthy poop. Sometimes yellow can be a sign of too much calcium or calcium being released in the urate, and sometimes yellow can form in the urate if they are a little dehydrated. However, sometimes yellow just happens and is generally not a concern. I have had dragons for 10 years, and all of them have had yellow (even pink) in their urate at times, and all are healthy.

Keep up a proper vitamin schedule, ensure hydration and all is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom