Darkening Up, Possibly due to over heating *RESOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie, chroma, had his tanks hot side heat to 108°f today for maybe 10-15 minutes, I was able to catch it but not after I noticed he had was completely dark. I took him out and shut all lights off immediately, it looks like his basking light came off the stand and landed on the top of the tank 6 inches from where he was laying. I did give him a bath but I'm worried he might have gotten over heated big time from this incident.like I said I did give him a bath right afterwards and let him bask in natural sunlight before putting him back. My husband fixed the light so it wouldn't fall again. Any thoughts? Also he is shedding, so I'm hoping it is from that and not the light incident.
Pics of him before and after the incident
Before (aka this morning):
• yes he is hugging a worm, he wont eat this worm he keeps thinking it's his friend....... sadly it didnt make it through the heat incident.
full

After:
full

full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom