No digestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Hi, I had a power outage some days ago in my area and it was off for about 2 whole days for my little one. Today, (4 days later), he pooped and there were full worms in! Was this because the power was out? He probably didn't take the time to chew the worms because they are smaller than the space between his eyelids, and are borderline too small for him (bsfl) so he basically inhales them. Will he be okay? Should I be worried?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This happens pretty often, it's not a health concern except that your dragon received no benefit from the food. Some people say to puncture them with a needle but I just wouldn't bother with them if it happens more than once. There are a lot of other feeders out there.

BTW, once you have a power outage don't feed your beardies, they can't digest food without heat. That might have played a part but those worms are known for coming through alive or dead but undigested at times.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I see, thank you. I wanted to try out dubia roaches because those go bigger than bsfl but im not quite sure how to take care of them without having to start a colony, and without needing a lot of space. I may be feeding him too many worms then. Also, I didn't feed him during the power outage, I was just thinking that it may have been from the night before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom