Seminal plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I learned something new this past week...

Charlie had this weird formed excretion come out of him the other day and I wrote it off as just a weird poo as he'd been acting cranky and is shedding. Then this weekend, I noticed a dark, hard blob at his vent and thought it was stuck poo - so I gently tugged it out...it was the same thing as before! I really should have taken a photo to share here, but thanks to Google, this is what they look like -
87171-3723378140.jpg

So...if you ever have this come out of your male beardie - it's basically built up seminal fluid and cellular debris - source: http://www.anapsid.org/seminalplugs.html.

I wanted to share just in case it happens to someone else and you aren't sure what the heck you're looking at. Just remember that it needs to be gently removed. You don't want any breaking off inside and causing more issues. Side note - I have a MUCH happier Charlie. I imagine it's quite uncomfortable having that in there!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, that does look like seminal plugs. Sometimes they come out dry. I'm sure he does feel
better having them out, LOL. This is a frequently occurring thing that happens to males so no
worries there.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom