Possible Lip Infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

My girl, Boga has had this thing on her lip since I got her about a year ago. She's close to two now, but I adopted her just before adulthood from a co-worker of mine, who treated her poorly and did not give her adequate nutrition. Since then, I've been doing everything I can to provide more than adequate husbandry, but this thing hasn't gone away. it sort of disappeared after her first shed, but recently, it's been looking a little yellow and protruding a bit more than usual. I thought I'd post some pictures and see what you guys think. It doesn't look like it's causing her any discomfort, but I don't want it to get worse or evolve into something that affects her overall health. Any observations or tips would be appreciated. Thank you!
96923-4934000508.jpg
96923-9785514692.jpg
96923-3277500207.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It doesn't look too bad. Are her gums swollen along that side of her mouth? As long as it isn't spreading or looking worse and it doesn't seem to bother her or keep her from eating it may not be cause for concern. You may want to pick up some maxi guard gel and apply that on and around her gums to help keep it clean and prevent infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom