Baby Bearded dragon shedding help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesdanny

102300-5482360143.jpg
Help!
I got a baby bearded dragon last Friday he/she is around 2 months.
When I got them there tail was dullish now a week later it is very "bright" white.
I know this is shedding but I've never seen just their tail take so long to get to this point.
It hasn't even started to peel no signs it's going to either.
Just nervous! Someone help!?

I've attached a picture from today if you can zoom In and have a look?

Cheers guys!!

Hikari

Looks like shed to me. It takes my little one forever to shed too. It also isn't all at once (back end first, then arms, then body). Just give it some more time, it should shed off. You could try a bath to help ease the process too, but even without baths, my beardie sheds fine.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If it's taking a long time for an area to shed, a soak in luke warm water (about 32 degC) in a VERY SHALLOW tub , water no deeper than beardie's waist , this can help loosen up the old skin.

If the problem area is on the back , a soaked piece of paper towel can be placed on the area and left there to help soak the old skin and maybe loosen it up.

Jamesdanny

Original Poster
Cheers guys!

Still no sign of peeling yet! Have been giving baths everyday. The end of the tail seems to be getting darker. His head peeled today bless him. Just hope his tail will hurry up just worried. It never takes this long in my experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom