Slowing metabolism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aroeder1

Hi! My beardie is about 8 months old now and in the past 2 weeks his appetite has decreased from having 2 meals a day to just eating one meal. Is this just due to his growth slowing down now that he is a little bit older? He has also been taking more naps during the day like my cat.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is the time of year that a lot of them do tend to slow down. Since he is 8 months old, he
can technically brumate or slow down if he is healthy. How much does he weigh? Their growth
rates do start to slow down at around 10 months to a year, but he will still fill in & grow more
into his second year.
We would be happy to review your tank setup with you to be sure it is all correct. We all love
pictures. :D

Tracie

aroeder1

Original Poster
Temperatures- basking: 102-104, cool side is always 80 and night temperatures are about 65

Lights- 2 100 watt house light bulbs on both sides of tank and he has a reptisun 10.0 that was replaced last month. He also has a heating pad under the tank.

Bedding- stone tile

Feeding- I give him frozen (but they get thawed) crickets. Usually about a small handful worth. I also will mix the crickets in veggies about every other day. I dust the crickets with calcium every couple of days. I mist his food so he can get his water that way. Just recently got a vitamin supplement to help gutload the crickets before freezing them (i sprinkle it on their food)

Veggies- collard greens, swiss chard, butternut squash, acorn squash, mustard greens, carrots, apples, yellow squash, and green leaf lettuce. I have all of these processed and mixed in a big freezer bag. The green leaf lettuce, carrots, and apples are in a smaller amount compared to the rest of the veggies.

He is 400g
20181115-144731.jpg

20181115-144431.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom