Bearded dragon has droopy eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

S7AY7RUE

Not sure how long his eyes have been like this but today I noticed they’re droopy. I got him about 2 months ago, maybe they’ve always been like this, not sure. I’ve looked some stuff up and got freaked out that maybe he’s dehydrated. Gave him a bath dropped some water on his nose and he drank some. He seems healthy, eats & poops, his poop does smell but it always has. He is about to shed not sure if that has anything to do with it. I’ll attach an image of his eye. Any advice would help. Thanks!
102005-6157761565.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It may not indicate a big problem. This can be genetic and if everything else seems OK it's not worth worrying about. It looks like his head is about to start shedding which may be affecting the skin around his eyes too. An experienced vet could do an exam and maybe take a blood test to make sure his systems are functioning properly. If he is acting OK though, is active, eating well etc, he is probably fine.

S7AY7RUE

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1t3m4rtd said:
It may not indicate a big problem. This can be genetic and if everything else seems OK it's not worth worrying about. It looks like his head is about to start shedding which may be affecting the skin around his eyes too. An experienced vet could do an exam and maybe take a blood test to make sure his systems are functioning properly. If he is acting OK though, is active, eating well etc, he is probably fine.

Okay! Thanks so much. I’ll keep an extra eye on him and if I start to see any other changes I’ll probably bring him in. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom