Really concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayTruee96

I’m a first timer at this so I have a concern it’s been 2 or more weeks since me little one shed but for some reason he still has dead skin on his leg and arm as you can see in the picture I’ve been reading that stuck dead skin can cause serious problems so I’m not sure if I should try taking it off or leaving it I’ve bathing him too but nothing seems to work just really concerned. And I’ve also had a problem when I gave him some greens but he made a weird face spit it out and rubbed his face on the floor mat.
101715-2805060391.jpg
101715-4024755717.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I beleive that this behavior is just Being grumpy from shedding, if he has stuck shed I'd recommend rubbing coconut oil on the areas that have retained shed.

Also I think that the face rubbing is just him attempting to get the shed off of his face, Spitting it out can also be normal, What type of greens were they? and What type of lights do you use?

Btw, He is downright Gorgeous and looks very healthy. :D You seem to be taking good care of him. :)

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Don’t help it shed off though - it makes them bleed. the only ways you can help are the coconut oil as mentioned if he’s stuck in shed and bathing or misting helps too. Mine rubs his head on things when getting ready to shed to help loosen it. If you have logs or rocks in his viv that will help him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom