Sleeping during the day/ temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came home a few minutes ago and Ducky was asleep on his basking spot with the lights completely on. The cool side is 80-85 the hot was 90-95 and his basking was 100. He was probably just tired but I wanted to check since he normally doesn’t like to sleep under his basking bulb. While on the topic of temperatures I recently checked his temperature in the early morning before I turned on his day time bulbs. The temperatures ranged from 65-70 with his hot section being roughly 85. I wanted to make sure these were okay. Thank you for any help.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that sounds like a good gradient. I like to have my tank range between about 105 to 75 during the day (it fluctuates but that's the general goal) and between about 68-73 overnight. Give them a good range to choose from and the actual numbers aren't as important in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom