Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the longest & hightest temperature a 4-6 year old beardie should be ? And how to get your beardie to eat his greens. He’s never ate greens while with me & ive tried everything everything on the book to try and get him to eat the greens & he just won’t; he’ll close his eyes instead.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I try to keep a range between about 100-110 on the basking surfaces, 90s around that, and gradient down to 75-80 or so on the cool side surfaces. Highest UVB is over the basking area and little to no UVB in hides and on the cool side.

It's hard to get them to change their routine once they're adults. I'd just keep offering salads and veges. He may only want greens occasionally but I'd keep them available. If he will eat other veges like squash or green beans or bell peppers etc that should be OK. Just keep trying to rotate and offer variety.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it's hard getting them to eat greens & veggies! Try a variety of squash, bits of berries,
mango, mixed in with the greens to add some color. I think eventually you will get him to eat
his greens in time.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom