Tail Rot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardiemom03

We are new to the Bearded Dragon family and have a question in regards to the look of ours tail. Not sure of this is due to shedding or what. Any info appreciated. Thanks!
101936-6249376703.jpg
101936-6723306360.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks a bit crooked but not bad. Maybe from tail nips at a younger age. It doesn't look like tail rot. What do you have in place for a UVB light? What is your dragon's main diet?

Beardiemom03

Original Poster
The lights came in the aquarium kit. We were told they were ok to use. Also his diet is a mix of dried bearded dragon food with fresh fruit and veggies once daily.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A lot of the kits come with lighting that is inadequate for a dragon. can you post some photos of what you have or the brand and wattage? Different bulbs have different effective ranges so the mounting distance varies.

It's good that he is getting fresh veges and fruit. Is he good about eating that? Does he get any live bugs?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We can review more of your tank setup with you, such as the type/brand of UVB lights,
supplementation etc, just to be sure everything is good.
The tail doesn't look like tail rot, but may have some calcium issues possibly.

Tracie

Beardiemom03

Original Poster
No, he doesn't get live bugs very often. Mostly the freeze dried ones. He is good about eating his fresh fruit and veggies. His set up is the zoomed bearded dragon kit. Lights we use are what came with that. Not sure what the lights are in that. I know he has 3 in there. His backing light and red light and his daytime light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom