Possible Brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hey guys, I would like to confirm the health of Loki. For the past week or so, he has become lethargic and been refusing to eat a lot. Personally I think it is just brumation, but I would like to check, as it is better safe than sorry. Also, he doesn't have a black beard and I have kept his lighting schedule the same for the past 2 years (7am - 8pm I know some people suggest longer but this has always worked for me and in the wild it would only be 12 anyway). He is just over 2 years old, and has never brumated before.

Quick run down on everything:

4x2x1.5 ft enclosure, equipped with a shelf liner flooring. A 10.0 t5 ReptiSun bulb, fairly new still. A basking spot of 87-95 f, measured with a IR temp gun. A diet of crickets, BSFL, superworms, collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, and kale all on a rotation. Dusted with calcium 2-5x a week.

All of my husbandry should be on point, though feel free to comment on it.

Thanks for all the help guys.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jess, sounds just like a normal slow down or brumation. No need for fear or alarm, most beardies do so this time of year to a degree. Some owners try to delay or eliminate it by upping the temp. a few degrees + keeping lights on 14 hours a day but since brumation is natural + not harmful it's your call. Loki should be perfectly fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom