Grey Lump on Beardie's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffinBeard

We have a Bearded Dragon that is about a year and a half old and has been healthy all along. He has been eating well and basking in the light. Just recently I noticed a small grey lump/growth forming on his back. It definitely looks different than when he sheds. Thinking I should bring him to the vet, but thought I would post pics here first to see if anyone might have any insights. Thanks in advance for any help.
101766-5008648713.jpg
101766-3922514934.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it may be some type of cyst or abcess, maybe a fungal growth. Probably best to have an experienced reptile vet have a look.

smtcgray

Our 5 year old beardie had something that looked very similar (look for my post) and after several tests and antibiotics we ended up having it surgically removed. The vet just called with the results and it was a low-level cancerous tumor. I would definitely take yours to get it aspirated & maybe some blood work. Although our initial tests all came back inconclusive. Good luck!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, it is likely some type of cyst or abscess which could be fungal or cancerous, or hopefully
it is benign. The best idea would be to have the vet take a look at it, to aspirate the area, if at
all possible.
He might benefit from a short round of antibiotics, depending on what the diagnosis is.
Does it seem to bother him at all?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom