Tail has black discoloration after shed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smem98

Clementine finished shedding her tail about 2 weeks ago when I noticed that part of her shed left behind a black strip of scales. The dark color also appears to be spreading. What could this be???
101441-4237226276.jpg
101441-8527182564.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Have you tried bathing & using a soft toothbrush to see if any of that will come off? It could
be pigmentation changes which tend to happen after a shed. I hope it isn't fungal in nature.
If it doesn't go away, I would take him into the vets for a culture to be sure it isn't a fungal
problem. What substrate are you using in the tank?

Tracie

Smem98

Original Poster
Hi tracie,
I’ve bathed her many times since it first appeared and it doesn’t seem to be anything that can come off with cleaning. I use repticarpet which I spot clean frequently and thoroughly clean her tank 3-4x a month. She has not been in contact with any other reptiles for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom