Advice regarding atadenovirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaleesii

I recently took in a rescue and the vet has sadly informed me that he has atadenovirus. I have had multiple lizards but have no experience with this so hoping to get some advice. He is around 1.5 years old and is very active and eats very well. He does also have pinworms and coccadia which Im currently treating (vet prescribed meds).

My problem now is that I have 2 other lizards. They are in another room of the house and are never in contact but I worry about cross contamination on my hands etc if I forget even once not to wash my hands. I am considering rehoming this sweet boy to a home with no other reptiles.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone had experience with this virus? Many thanks in advance this will be a hard decision :(

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
do not breed it , keep it quaranteened for the duration of it's life …. use F10 HANDWIPES after handing the infected / infectious reptile .... there is no cure for atadenovirus.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Using the F10 cleaner for cleaning & always washing your hands is a must. It can spread on
particles like carpet, etc too. Bleach of a 1:10 parts solution is highly effective of killing it
also.
I have been working towards eradicating it, & has been time consuming. I have not had too
many clients try it yet, but have successfully cleared it out of both of our dragons. They have
both gotten 4 negative tests now, but I will continue to test them now, ever 5-6 months to be
sure.
If you decide to keep him, the most important thing to remember is to always keep him a bit
warmer overnight in the tank, usually around 80 is good. Boosting the immune system is key
to keeping them healthy. Things like bee pollen, milk thistle or serrapeptase or both, plenty
of hydration & optimal calcium levels will do wonders for them.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom