Swollen eye, anyone seeen this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
I was sitting out with Ziva today and noticed her right eyes clear area seemed larger than her left. Has anyone seen anything like this before? She’ll come to work with me on Monday and see her vet just incase.
44170-5629238975.jpg
44170-4458606322.jpg
44170-3232323951.jpg

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Her vets not to sure what’s going on so she’s going to do some research and see. Hopefully we can figure out what’s going on soon.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This can mean there is fluid buildup in the effected eye's eyesocket - which is pushing the eyeball out a little more than normal.

There a number of health reasons that can cause this with one eye only , some very dangerous and serious , others minor and temporarily.
My Puff had a swollen left eye that was attributed to a server / lifethreateningly large aneurism on one of his left jugular vein ( due to a berth defect ). Took a few months to become obvious.
Another person here had a dragon who had blocked tearduct (turned up due to a cancer of the eyesocket).

I'd monitor for now , and keep a very good photographic record. This is more than likely something that will self resolve without any need of vet intervention.

Keep an eye on it.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":182mcbxq said:
This can mean there is fluid buildup in the effected eye's eyesocket - which is pushing the eyeball out a little more than normal.

There a number of health reasons that can cause this with one eye only , some very dangerous and serious , others minor and temporarily.
My Puff had a swollen left eye that was attributed to a server / lifethreateningly large aneurism on one of his left jugular vein ( due to a berth defect ). Took a few months to become obvious.
Another person here had a dragon who had blocked tearduct (turned up due to a cancer of the eyesocket).

I'd monitor for now , and keep a very good photographic record. This is more than likely something that will self resolve without any need of vet intervention.

Keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the reply! Her vets not to concerned at the moment as long as it doesn’t get bigger, as long as the eye doesn’t get red, and as long as it stays open and responds normally.

We where going to do an eye pressure test but the machine was to big for her little eye.

I’ll keep taking photos to monitor her progress. Hopefully it’s nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom