Help!! Her poop is runny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emjay22

So I got my first beardie(tavia) about two months ago. She has seemed to be healthy and growing since I’d gotten her. She grows about 1/3 to 1/2 an inch a week! She loves crickets and Phoenix worms, and she get 12 crickets that for between the space of her eyes, and six Phoenix worms a day. Lately she’s been eating a lot of veggies (she gets beet greens, dandelion greens from our yard which has never been sprayed with pesticide or been fertilized, and either a bit of pepper or grated carrot, and occasionally a bit of apple or plum.
She has been refusing to drink water though. She doesn’t show any signs of dehydration, so I’m not really sure what’s going on. This morning I was about to clean her terrarium and I noticed there was some really runny poop in her terrarium. I picked it up (with a paper towel) and it was super squishy and runny. It was its normal colour though, and she’s still been really active and has been acting the same

Tank details:

40 gallon breeder terrarium
10.0 reptisun bulb for UV
Basking spot of 105 degrees f
Cool side of the terrarium is 80 degrees f

She is 4 1/2 months old and is 11 1/2 inches long. She’s a little small, but she is growing steadily and her parents were in no way big beardies.

Sorry if that is a little confusing! I tried my best :( any advice or help will be appreciated!

MJ

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How long has it been runny? That may be caused by some excess water passing through. Veges tend to have lots of water in them. It could be just an upset stomach too. Sometimes this can be caused by a change in diet. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it continues to be messy for several weeks or you see a change in her behavior (lethargy, loss of appetite, weight loss, hiding, etc).

Emjay22

Original Poster
Thanks! She has been eating some more veggies lately, so I guess that that could’ve caused it. She was starting to act a little lethargic, but I gave her a bath, and she drank a little bit and perked right up. I’m checking to make sure she’s not dehydrated as often as possible, and she seems to be fine so far.

Thanks! :)

MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom