Beardie size

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Hey guys I had a jock question for the health experts out there. How large should my beardie be? Not length but girth. I see pictures of beardie dragons that are nice and chunky but I also know that it’s unhealthy if they are too big. I’m trying to thicken mine up a bit since he looked thin when standing up but when laying down he looks just fine.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
97539-5409518783.jpg
That’s him standing up. When he is basking/laying down he looks nice and large. Idk exactly how old he is I think he was 3-4 when I got him so probably 4-6 now lol. Sorry for delayed response forgot then had to figure out how to post

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he looks good ! It's so nice to see a dragon that is not too heavy, there are so many on the forums and the owners think it's normal. Your guy looks good, although a few more pics would give a better idea of his true size.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
97539-6628783676.jpg
Resting
97539-4298885865.jpg
After eating dubias
97539-4824391399.jpg
In his bath (he doesn’t like em)
97539-2291672449.jpg
After putting him on his basking perch
Plz don’t worry about tank size I will upgrade him soon to a 4x2x2. Glad he looks good I was a bit worried since his is so lazy and doesn’t show interest in veggies very often but as long as he is healthy it’s ok :)

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. That red light needs to be replaced with a bright white basking light. He'll probably perk up once you replace the red light.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, dragon looks good , could use a tiny bit more weight on him at most. DO replace the red light as Destiny mentioned, they are totally un natural + not suitable for reptiles, just money makers for the stores that sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom