Anorexia and Stunted Growth??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Za941":14gss7of said:
Hey

I thought I'd just post a small update. So when my bulb new bulb arrived on Saturday I noticedthat it was much bigger and realised that the bulb I had before was an 20inch 18 Watt, which wasn't even on the UVB chart I was linked to. So instead of getting the 50Micro watts she was probably getting about 10. Since I've gotten the new bulb and reflector she's been basking way more and she's cheered up a lot - she should now be getting 600 M Watts according to the chart. She's also shedding much faster. Her appetite is minimal but she's been hunting the silks I bought her- I'll chalk it down to shedding though which is a bigger improvement then her not eating at all. One thing I have noticed is the she was a lot more of the white part of her poo, I actually stopped the tincture and have been giving her repto boost once a week could it be from the worms? She also seem to be having much bigger poos.

Are you sure she's getting 600 microW UVB / sq.cm ?

That's pretty intense.

Za941

Original Poster
Sorry I've worded that wrong. I also suck at Maths.

So the new light according to the gradient graph you showed me should be emitting close to 500 Micro Watts but in accordance to it Ive also changed the distance of the light to 12 cm from basking. So correct me if I'm wrong but she should be getting around 200-250?

Za941

Original Poster
Hi guys

Just wanted to say that since I've changed my bulb and added the reflector my dragon has been eating up to 30-40 calci worms a day which is more than I've ever been able to get her to eat in a day. She is currently 106 grams and basks often. She's had a check up and yet yeast infection is gone with no further threats.

I really want to say thank you for you advice because honestly I would have never clocked on about the light, infection or anything. I'm really grateful ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom