Vitamins and Calcium

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How do you get Vitamins and Calcium to a 8 month old beardie when he is not eating his dubias let alone much else? I am getting him to eat Nutrigrubs and horn worms and butter worms - very little vegies and hardly any dubias- he hasnt eaten any today-- the Nutrigrubs are high in calcium - only one or two horn worms and 3 butter worms-- I do believe he starting his brumation - today he is finally out and basking after sitting all day under his rock yesterday- and he hasnt pooped for 2 days now either--

Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it too much if his weight is stable and he just isn't eating. When he does eat, it's good to give him as much variety as possible. When he slows his metabolism he just doesn't need so many nutrients for a while. As long as he isn't losing weight then I think it's more a matter of waiting rather than force feeding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom