What will you do if you were in my place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i just installed this this morning i had the brackets ready this was more of a test
97755-3160370034.jpg
my bearded dragon is active at the moment he seems to like the t8 better then the t5 i checked the microwatts there fine i don't think it was that but the bright light the t5 produces now the rest of the tank is quite dim i will install the other t8 later on like i had planned if this works for my dragon i'm going to hurry and finish the platforms i'm building but stopped.
all this time and my dragon was avoiding the bright white light now i know he doesn't like it too bright in one spot.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Beardeddtagonlover":1ihhtl5r said:
i just installed this this morning i had the brackets ready this was more of a test
97755-3160370034.jpg
my bearded dragon is active at the moment he seems to like the t8 better then the t5 i checked the microwatts there fine i don't think it was that but the bright light the t5 produces now the rest of the tank is quite dim i will install the other t8 later on like i had planned if this works for my dragon i'm going to hurry and finish the platforms i'm building but stopped.
all this time and my dragon was avoiding the bright white light now i know he doesn't like it too bright in one spot.

The hood definitely wont be falling down.

The T8 tube and hood is too far away even if it's rated 10%UVB. At the distance I can see the T8 hood and tube are from the basking spot , it's going to be lucky to provide even half the UVA & UVB your dragon needs to remain healthy.
Definitely need to return the T8 tube and hood and replace with a T5HO 12%UVB tube and hood to suit, mounted directly on the underside of the tank's ceiling.

The basking globe definitely needs a cage like this
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hot-13-16-5CM-Reptile-Basking-Heat-Lamp-Light-Bulb-Mesh-Cage-Protector-Guard/311978695245?var=610760341286&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3D259b9f97c3d34a95a5d3d556ac613f3d%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D15%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D123175732182%26itm%3D610760341286&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598
around it ASAP , as a curious dragon can easily climb / leap onto the hood support structure and will be very curious about the basking globe and ceramic e27 fitting and if the dragon climbs onto these or even momentarily touches them it will result in a very serious burn injury.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i just finished the other t8
97755-4291544762.jpg
this is how it looks
97755-9065212868.jpg
once im done with the platforms ill look something like this but the uvbs are in place. i have t5 but my dragon was avoiding it for 2 months thats why i changed the light its dimmer but according to my solar meter my dragon still getting 80 microwats it's too bad my dragon didn't like the t5 maybe it was too bright it was hanging from 12 inches above and getting the same uvb as he is getting now from 6 inches just less light between te 2 t8's is 32 watts,the 1 t5 was 34 so maybe that was the problem. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076H1T9YJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 i have 1 of these i know how much uvb the tube is putting out thats why i made the brackets like that.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Beardeddtagonlover":iuy5m5wp said:
i just finished the other t8
97755-4291544762.jpg
this is how it looks
97755-9065212868.jpg
once im done with the platforms ill look something like this but the uvbs are in place. i have t5 but my dragon was avoiding it for 2 months thats why i changed the light its dimmer but according to my solar meter my dragon still getting 80 microwats it's too bad my dragon didn't like the t5 maybe it was too bright it was hanging from 12 inches above and getting the same uvb as he is getting now from 6 inches just less light between te 2 t8's is 32 watts,the 1 t5 was 34 so maybe that was the problem. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076H1T9YJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 i have 1 of these i know how much uvb the tube is putting out thats why i made the brackets like that.

80 microW UVB/sq.cm is OK for background (on floor levels) , but really need to nudge that up to at least 160 microW UVB/sq.cm (200 microW is ideal) at the basking spot for required rates vitD3 synthesis in the dragon's skin.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi King I know that please tell that to my dragon I'm having a hard time for my beardie to come out and bask im trying everything yesterday he basked used the cat scratcher as a kid SLide he pooped and he ate 1 superworm the most I saw her do since July today she slept all day it has been tough.i prefer the t5 but my dragon is failing to perkup.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey an update on Luna,well I know Luna is not a healthy dragon and will never be always be struggling to grow and get parasites quite often. She is around 11 months old now and she looks like she is 6.Everyday I have to wake her to bask then she will stay awake for the remainder of the day and goes to sleep when lights go out.also she is not eating on her own I have to give the insects in the mouth assist feed.is a routine now for the both of us I don't mind it and Luna seems to be ok with it,other then that she looks normal pooping regularly in March she is going to be a year with me.I forgot to mention since I changed to the T8 she is basking more she likes that uvb Luna she alternates beetween the basking and the non basking she is got uvb in both areas.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello all is been a while since i last posted and i hope your all had a merry Christmas.
Just want to let everyone know that my beardie made a full recovery she is a year old now and in 3 more months shell be 15 months old i'm sure now what got her sick was the horn worms i bought in AMAZON I'm going to start offering salad and see if it will eat it but is amazing she is doing everything on her own now.At this point i know what is best for my beardie as shes special little one she never did like the HO UVB BUT SHE LOves the regular T8 i have 2 of them install and she spends time on both,she is very healthy Beardie but more fragile then most Lol.Thanks to all who participated on the replies it was very helpful and i hope you have a happy new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom