Beardie isn't growing much! Not eating enough either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empyreal

So I've had Wasabi for almost 5 weeks now and I haven't seen a lot of growth. I figured it was uvb and i just fixed that today with a makeshift reflector so I'm sure that will help. He's running around and climbing more, but he's not eating very much. He'll eat a max of like 5 superworms a day and I know that's not nearly enough. He wont eat greens but he likes the occasional carrots slices a lot. I'm just worried because I've heard they're supposed to grow an inch a week as babies. He's only 6.5 inches.

I was going to get waxworms to give in moderation (because I know they can get "addicted") so he can bulk up a bit? And maybe some applesauce to mix calcium in?

I'd appreciate any advice!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How old is he ?
How much does he weigh ?
What's his length (nose to tip of tail) ?

Exactly what UV source are you using ?
How far is it from the basking spot ?
is it ontop of a mesh lid ?

Empyreal

Original Poster
All I know is that he is seven inches
I have a reptisun compact 10.0 18inch tube
His lights are on top a mesh lid.
And all his spots are between 10-12 inches from the light depending on how high he climbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom