Beardie staying in sleeping location!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoNut

Last night around 7pm he went to sleep and i turned off the lights at 10pm( which is on the cool side of the tank around 77-80 degrees). Now in the morning i turned the lights on at 8am and he opened his eyes and makes very small movements just to shift his position. Its been over an hour since the lights have been turned on and he isn't getting off his sleeping area. Any thoughts?

Hi,

He might be used to a different sleeping schedule or just trying to settle down in his new place.

I would first make sure he is hydrated. Encourage him drinking by dropping a little water on his nose, spray him a little.

If he doesn't "wake up" I would try to tease him with one cricket see if he react to it. He might not want food from moving stress but he should show some interest.

If the little one doesn't move and act lethargic all day, you gona need to post all your tank set up info so the more knowledgeable forum members can help you (sorry I am a new bd owner too).

Tank size, type of lighting, temperature on cold and hot side. A picture of the baby and the tank could help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom